By Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth
This highly-anticipated quantity has been generally revised to mirror adjustments in expertise, electronic humanities equipment and practices, and institutional tradition surrounding the valuation and e-book of electronic scholarship.
- A totally revised version of a celebrated reference paintings, providing the main finished and updated selection of examine at the moment on hand during this speedily evolving discipline
- Includes new articles addressing topical and provocative matters and ideas corresponding to unfashionable computing, computer fabrication, gender dynamics, and globalization
- Brings jointly an international staff of authors who're pioneers of leading edge examine within the electronic humanities
- Accessibly established into 5 sections exploring infrastructures, production, research, dissemination, and the way forward for electronic humanities
- Surveys the earlier, current, and way forward for the sector, supplying crucial learn for somebody attracted to greater realizing the idea, tools, and alertness of the electronic humanities
Read or Download A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
In Adulterous international locations, Tatiana Kuzmic enlarges our viewpoint at the nineteenth-century novel of adultery, displaying the way it frequently served as a metaphor for relationships among the imperialistic and the colonized. within the context of the long-standing perform of gendering countries as lady, the novels below dialogue here—George Eliot’s Middlemarch, Theodor Fontane’s Effi Briest, and Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina, besides August Šenoa’s The Goldsmith’s Gold and Henryk Sienkiewicz’s Quo Vadis—can be understood as depicting overseas crises at the scale of the extended family.
Moore. Gaiman. Morrison. They got here from Northampton, West Sussex, and Glasgow, or even although they spoke with diversified dialects, they gave American comics a brand new voice — one loud and transparent sufficient to talk to the Postmodern global. Like a triple-helix strand of a few complex kind of DNA, their careers have remained irrevocably intertwined.
Huge, immense political and social adjustments caused by way of modernization have obviously stumbled on expression within the literatures of the close to and heart East. The participants to this publication, first released in 1991, hint the advance of recent literary sensibility, in Turkish, Arabic, Persian and sleek Hebrew.
The 1st a long time of the twenty-first century were beset by way of troubling social realities: coalition struggle, international terrorism and monetary quandary, weather switch, epidemics of relatives violence, violence towards girls, dependancy, neo-colonialism, carrying on with racial and non secular clash. whereas traumas concerning large-scale or old violence are commonly represented in trauma thought, familial trauma remains to be mostly thought of a personal topic, linked to own failure.
Extra info for A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth